Upon commission approval I will send you an invoice. When commissioning you are agreeing to pay the invoiced price for the artist to preform a service to produce your request. Payment must be upfront, I wont start until I'm paid.
I only accept CAD and USD only! Please note my prices are in USD
Artist and Commissioner relationship
This is a professional relationship. I will be nice and friendly, but please remember you are still a stranger to me. We do not automatically become 'friends'. If we become friends naturally, that's fine but please do not try to force a friendship upon me.
Do not ask or harass me for my skype or to go on call with you. Notes and email work perfectly fine, there is absolutely no reason to go into a call. I only do that with friends - as i only give my skype to friends.Do not harass bully me to go on call/to get my skype. I have telephobia. Understand i am not comfortable with talking to people like that.
I have general anxiety disorder and panic disorder. This is why i have the above rules. I don't like phone calls, and it can scare me when people are to pushy and forward with wanting to be my friend. I'm not saying i don't want friends, but let it happen naturally as i have said. These are not excuses, this is just how i am.
•Please respect me and my boundaries.
•My personal life is none of your business.
Refunds are not offered for contracted work. Commissions can only be canceled before payment is sent.
A refund may only be offered if I the artist am unable to complete the commission.
I retain the rights to ALL of my art, personal and commissioned. I can use them in my portfolio, ads, etc.
You are allowed to use the commissioned piece for personal use only. You can print, post, use it as wallpaper, etc. You are NOT allowed to use it for merchandise or any commercial use.
If you would like to use my art in such a manner (for example on T-shirts) that is a entirely different arrangement and you need to state it when commissioning me. Doing so with out my knowing is not allowed.
I have the right to refuse a commission for any reason, and do not have to specify why.
I have the right to my gallery. I am not required to keep your commission in my gallery. I can move it to scraps, delete it, or not post it at all. I scrap and delete old work, or work that i don't feel properly represents me or my style.
Upon request you can receive the a version with out the watermark of the commissioned piece You are ONLY allowed to post the marked version. The unmarked is for personal use outside the internet (printing and computer wallpaper). This one will still have my signature in the image. You are not to for any reason remove it.
You are allowed to post the work you have commissioned from me in your own gallery. However you must credit me with a link back to my page.
If you post an unmarked image you will lose all posting rights, will be reported and black listed.
If you did not commission the work and have not talked to me about it, you are not allowed to repost any of my work.
References and Editing
Images reference for characters is preferred. Text only accepted if the character is very simplistic and written in an easy and clear manner.
You the commissioner are responsible for providing clear and accurate references of the character with all correct information required. You the commissioner are responsible for clearly explaining what you would like and providing all accurate info relating to the commission.
If you the commission have failed to provide information or show it clearly on the ref, I am not responsible for editing and adding it to the final piece.
I the artist am accountable for not following the reference martial or missing details.
Completed work cannot be altered or recoloured by anyone else other then I,the artist including the commissioner. The only exception is line-art specifically commissioned for the commissioner to colour. Full credit for the lineart still required.
If the commissioner request edits and the fault lies with me, the artist I will correct these mistakes. If the fault lies with the commissioner we may discuss correcting/altering the commission for a fee. The commissioner has the right to refuse the fee, and I the artist have the right to refuse to edit.
WIPS (work in progress shots)
WIPS are available upon request for YCH, full illustrations, and refs. They are not available for sale items or 'quickies'
Corrections are to be made at the sketch stage. Further alterations will not be made once the lining has begun. Colour corrections may be may once the flats are complete, but not once the shading has begun.
If WIPS are request, i will wait up to 3 weeks for approval. If the commissioner fails to respond i will move forward on my own and complete it. If there were any errors i can not be held accountable as the commissioner failed to approve or correct in a timely manner.
The commissioner is responsible for being active and responding to messages in a timely manner, If you the commissioner are going to be away you must let me know. In some cases I am able to move forward on my own with out the commissioners input, but in such cases where I need more details or WIP approval you the commissioner must respond in a simply manner. Failure to do so may result your commission being bumped down the list. Failure to respond with in 3 months will mean your commission will be dropped with out a refund.
Keep Track Of
You the commissioner are responsible for saving the files of the finished product. If you fail to do so i am not to be held responsible for saving back ups.
The Black List
Being black listed means you are blocked on any social media and banned from commissioning me in the future. Depending on the situation you may also potentially lose any rights to previously commissioned work,
You may be added to the list for any number of reasons. This can range from breaking my TOS, copyright law, or the commissioner artistic relationship boundaries (to extremes). I am not required to give notice or even inform you of the specific reason as to why. I hold the right to do so as i see fit. Keep in mind I do so very rarely and only do it as a last resort.
Some examples of cause to be black listed -
• Harassment, bullying, extreme rudeness • Failure to follow through with proper credits, and copyright. • Bidding on auctions and retracting bids or failing to pay. Normally only black listen after so many offences. case by case basis as always. • Failing to follow TOS
Copyright and general important use information
It is briefly mentioned on here, but i need to go more in depth with certain issues that have come up.
•By commissioning me you have the right to use that piece of art ONLY. You may not use any other pieces of my work. You are not allowed to use it for any commercial use with out prior making that arrangement with me.
The only permitted use of the art work is :
• posting it in your own gallery with proper credit to me, and links back to the original. (if original not posted, credit back to me is still required)
• printing it to put on shirts, posters, etc. however this is for PERSONAL USE. you can make a poster for yourself, you can make a shirt for yourself. But you can not make one and sell it under the standard TOS. Art for commercial use is an entirely different agreement.
•You keep all rights to all your characters. but you do NOT have the right to the art work. As stated above you only have limited permission to use the artwork commissioned.
Plagiarism is not fair use.
Tracing and 'redrawing' are in no way shape or form fair use. This is called plagiarism. If you think differently encourage you to go read up on Copyright laws and fair use. i have read up on my laws, and if you don't understand this concept so should you.
Are you open?
•Check Commission Status which you can find on the commissions page!
Can i make a request?
• Friends and family only.
Can we trade?
• I love trades. I tend to prefer trading with someone close to my own skill level and/or someone with an interesting style. Still don't be afraid to ask, but please don't be upset if i turn you down. its nothing personal.
Can you stream my commission?
• Due to my schedule I can not stream commissions. I can not schedule myself as to when i draw according to when your available. I am also shy, and get very nervous when people watch me. This tends to effect the quality of the art, it wont turn out as nice.
• So short answer, no. Sorry.
How long will it take you to finish my commission?
• This varies from commission to commission. Depending on what it is and where you are on my to do list. Generally you get it with in a month if not sooner. I am very careful about how many i take at once so i can do them all in a reasonable amount of time. Larger projects will take longer, things like comics or just over all big projects will be going on a separate schedule as it takes a lot of time. If something happens where commissions are slowed down (example my tablet breaks) as soon as i am back to work i do over time to make up for it. but keep i mind art takes time. Commissions may often also be slowed down due to my mental health. Although i try to get commissions out as quickly as possibly my well being comes first.
• please do not ask me every other day if its done. don't harass me about your commission unless its been a good chunk of time. its fine if you want to see WIPS or know about how its coming along but do not constantly ask every other day as its very rude and annoying. I am pretty on top of things but art takes time.
I do draw disturbing and graphic content (blood,gore, and horror scenes) but i do not suggest or condone such acts. I am not crazy, or a psycho. Scary can be fun, much like a very twisted horror movie. I draw these things because they scare me, its like vent art to me. It helps me deal with my anxiety and fear of everything.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH MY RULES/HOW I DO THINGS THEN SIMPLY DO NOT COMMISSION ME. THERE ARE PLENTY OF ARTIST ALL WITH DIFFERENT MINDS AND DIFFERENT WAYS OF DOING THINGS. FIND SOMEONE ELSE THAT BETTER SUITS YOU.